Following the retirement of Jacqui Martin, Suffolk Family Carers, Congress held an election for a new representative and a substitute. Congress is pleased to announce that the following nominees were elected:
- Sharron Cozens, Acting CEO Age UK Suffolk – representative
- Nicola Bradford, Director Lime Skills CIC- substitute representative
The Health and Wellbeing Board is the overarching forum for all aspects of health and wellbeing in the county. In the coming year it will refresh the Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Strategy which articulates four key priorities for the County:
- Every Child in Suffolk has the best start in life
- Suffolk residents have access to a healthy environment and take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing
- Older people in Suffolk have a good quality of life
- People in Suffolk have the opportunity to improve their mental health and wellbeing
It will launch the refreshed State of Suffolk report – a comprehensive document which identifies the issues for Suffolk residents from early years to old age.
The Health and Wellbeing Board also oversees the implementation of the health and social care review and reviews key strategies.
Sharron and Nicola would welcome feedback, comments and issues on the Health and Wellbeing Board agenda to help them in their new roles. Full information about the work of the Health and Wellbeing Board can be found at:
For further information please contact Geraldine Dougall firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Health and Wellbeing Board – Thursday 26th March 9.30 a.m. – 4.00p.m.