Suffolk County Council and the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are in the process of developing the Joint Commissioning Strategy for People with Learning Disabilities.
The strategy is to ensure that communities and services offer the right support, in
the right place at the right time to people with learning disabilities and their family
It’s vital that we hear from you to work towards a future where people with learning disabilities in Suffolk are valued and supported by all to live good lives. We have organised three workshops as detailed in this flyer (30th March, 31st March, 7th April).
All three of these inclusive workshops are for:
- people with learning disabilities and their families, supporters, advocates, friends
- representatives from agencies providing support e.g. health, social care, education, housing or community support etc. PLEASE note self-advocates and family carer’s have said they would value Support Workers being represented as well as Managers
- Health, Social Work, Transformation and Multi agency Safeguarding Colleagues.
Please come along to ONE of the workshops to ensure we all:
- learn about the good things that happen now
- agree what a good life looks like for people with learning disabilities
- and their families
- agree a vision of where we want to be by 2020
- agree the essential issues that must be prioritised
- agree how progress should be measured and reported
We appreciate that we are giving relatively short notice but we hope you will come along. If you are unable to attend and would like to contribute please contact Beverley.Sammons@suffolk.gov.uk and she will arrange for a colleague to contact you.