Nationally there’s a lot going on to bring health and social care together… locally even more so!
In Suffolk, not only are health and social care being brought together but lots of other partners too from the public and voluntary sector. This project is called Connect, with Sudbury and East Ipswich (IP3/IP4) as the early adopter sites.
This means local people will:
- Have a simpler route to the support they need
- Be better informed about what they need and how to get it
- Have greater control over their lives and treatment
Integrated Neighbourhood Teams (INTs) will bring together local teams and co-ordinate care around a person’s needs.
To support how the Integrated Neighbourhood Teams and Voluntary and Community Sector organisations can better understand how each other work, a number of Lunch and Learn sessions are being held in Sudbury and East Ipswich.
The objective of these sessions is to demystify services and offer the opportunity for informal networking across locality areas. Each session consists of a presentation and allows for question and answers.
To date, there have been sessions introducing Connect as well as demystifying mental health services, housing services and the voluntary and community sector.
To book a place on any of these upcoming sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sudbury Community Health Centre (Room F12/13) CO10 2DZ:
- 7 April – Demystifying Suffolk County Council (SCC) Children and Young People Services
- 12 May – Demystifying SCC Adult and Community services and Suffolk Community Healthcare
- 7 June – Demystifying Local Area Coordination
Gainsborough Library, Ipswich (Community Room) IP3 0RL:
- 13 April – Demystifying Suffolk County Council Adult and Community Services
- 11 May – Demystifying Suffolk Community Healthcare
- 8 June – Demystifying the Voluntary and Community Sector
All sessions run from 1:30pm to 2:30pm