A new community fund has launched in Suffolk thanks to Sizewell B and Galloper Offshore Wind Farm.
The Leiston and Sizewell Community Fund will be distributed over a seven year period. Over £85,000 will be made available for community projects in a 10km radius of Sizewell. Applications are welcome throughout the year.
The new fund has been established as a thank you from the wind farm developers and as a condition for their use of EDF Energy’s land for essential substation equipment for the project.
The community fund aims to support a wide range of community projects, such as those which –
- Support local solutions to meet local needs
- Promote community interaction
- Develop sustainable and supportive communities
- Tackle disadvantage
- Promote health and wellbeing
- Support education
- To fund not for profit organisations and local charities – preference given to less than £100k turnover
The fund will be administered by Sizewell B and allocated by a committee formed by representatives from Sizewell B, Galloper Offshore Wind Farm and Community Action Suffolk.
Christine Abraham Director of Community Services from Community Action Suffolk said: “The announcement of this new grant programme is fantastic news for local community groups and organisations in the Leiston area. There is already inspiring work happening in and around the town, and I look forward to seeing the range of new activities that will be delivered with the support of this funding.”
Application forms are available from:
- Niki Rousseau, EDF Energy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Galloper Wind Farm website: Terms of reference | Application form