Community Action Suffolk has been working with a group of charities and other partners (including a PR agency) over the summer to discuss how Suffolk’s voluntary sector can have more influence, power and persuasion.
We are holding an event in late November, bringing together a range of our members and contacts from small and large charities and local volunteer-run groups.
We can no longer bury our heads in the sand hoping that funding cuts will go away and complain about austerity.
The event will identify practical ways for Suffolk’s voluntary sector to pull together to:
- prevent services being lost
- prevent organisations from closing
- encourage investment in the county
- work in collaboration to bid for new funds
What does this event aim to achieve?
To find practical ways to:
- celebrate Suffolk’s voluntary sector to attract more investment in the county
- raise awareness of you and your organisation
- demonstrate the power of working together, putting the spotlight on Suffolk
We will keep you updated with details and outcomes from the day.
Community Action Suffolk