Following the publication of the House of Lords Select Committee on Charities report in March 2017 (Stronger Charities for a Stronger Society), CAS has decided to bring the report to life in a practical way here in Suffolk: “Stronger charities for a stronger Suffolk” conference on Wednesday 7 February 2018.
Is your experience that accessing funding is becoming more difficult?
Recommendation 20 from the report:
“Charities cannot operate unless their core costs are met – funders and commissioners should include an expectation that realistic and justifiable core costs are included.”
One of the workshops at the conference will hear from the Rural Coffee Caravan Project and Somersham Community Shop who have been very successful in securing funding for their projects. Come along and be inspired.
The conference will give delegates practical tips, actions and support. We will ensure everyone leaves having gained knowledge of the report and what it means to the VCSE sector. We will look at how we can all apply it in Suffolk, ensuring that a robust, resilient and sustainable sector thrives in its contribution to the communities we serve.
Keynote speakers and workshop leads include:
- The Baroness Scott of Needham Market
- Karl Wilding (Director of Policy, NCVO)
- Cllr Colin Noble (Leader, Suffolk County Council)
- MacBank (Digital Skills)
- Larking Gowen (Financial challenges)
- Alex Till (Chief Executive, Menta)
- Matt Woor (Social Media Channel Manager, Suffolk County Council)
- Ann Osborn (Project Manager, Rural Coffee Caravan Project)
- Sue Lowe (Office for Civil Society)