“Employer Supported Volunteering” (ESV) is the focus of this year’s conference, organised by Community Action Suffolk and supported by BT.
ESV is when employees are given time off to pursue volunteering opportunities during work time. The event will bring together Suffolk’s businesses and voluntary organisations in order to learn from each other and create mutually beneficial relationships.
At the conference, your business will understand how ESV can:
- enable and inspire your staff to volunteer
- motivate your staff and develop their skills
- improve staff recruitment and retention
- enable your business to make a real impact in your local community
- evidence your commitment to social responsibility
- raise your profile
Speakers and workshops include:
- Nick Day, Head of Research Partnerships, BT Technology, Service & Operations
- Rebecca White, CEO, Your Own Place CIC
- “Working with the right charities for your brand” Mackman, Full Services Marketing Agency
- “Legal Considerations for a company providing voluntary services” Prettys Solicitors
- “Providing professional service” Suffolk ProHelp
- The Suffolk Volunteering Conference will be held on 17 May 2018 at Adastral Park, 10am to 3:30pm.
- Places costs £25 for CAS members, £35 for non-members (find out about free CAS membership here).
- For more information on the conference, visit here.
The magic that happens when local businesses and charities get together!
Ipswich-based Skanska employees got their hands dirty in support of a local charity by building a woodland amphitheatre for children’s interactive story telling, musical performances and drama.