Charities, voluntary groups and SMEs can now benefit from an extended range of specialist support services with a new partnership announced today between Voluntary Norfolk and Community Action Suffolk (CAS).
Both organisations provide support to charities and SMEs across the country through their trading arms CBR Business Solutions and CAS which offer HR Consultancy, Payroll Services, DBS Checks, specialist insurance, IT support and website design services. Under the new arrangement Voluntary Norfolk/CBR Business Solutions and Community Action Suffolk/CAS subsidiaries will now directly promote and recommend each other’s services, making it easier for managers and charity Trustees to source, with confidence, the services they need to run their organisation. The arrangement will also be of benefit to local communities, with operating profits from CBR Business Solutions and CAS subsidiaries supporting the activities and initiatives of voluntary groups and communities in respectively Norfolk and Suffolk.
‘Both our organisations have a long track record of providing high quality support services for voluntary groups and this partnership will build on that’ says Alan Hopley CEO of Voluntary Norfolk and Hannah Reid Director of Innovation and Business Development at Community Action Suffolk. ‘Charities and voluntary groups value the specialist knowledge our experts have about the sector and the unique needs of voluntary groups, while SMEs appreciate the fact that they are buying services from organisations which invest in and support local communities.’
The services now available through the partnership include
- IT Services including IT Support, Website Design, Website Hosting, Broadband, Email and Cloud Services provided by IT Services at CAS Ltd
- Specialist Insurance including Village Hall, Parish Council and Not for Profit insurance provided by Business Services at CAS Ltd
- HR Consultancy including recruitment, contracts of employment, policies and procedures, disciplinary and grievance issues, TUPE and restructures and redundancies.
- Payroll Services including auto enrolment assessment, calculation of contributions, direct payments to HMRC for PAYE and NI and sickness, maternity and paternity calculations.
- DBS services Both CBR Business Solutions and DBS at CAS Ltd continue to offer DBS services