- This event has passed.
Bungay: Open meeting for Hosts and Guests
June 10 @ 7:00 pm
Venue: Bungay Community Centre, Old Grammar Lane, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1PU
Bungay Community Support Ukraine is holding a meeting for host families, their guests, and local residents who wish to support Ukrainian families settling in our community. The purpose of the meeting is to take the first steps towards creating a hub for sponsors and families as they navigate their transition into UK life.
Please attend the meeting if you
- Are registered as a host family or are thinking of doing so
- Already have a refugee family in your home
- Have recently arrived from Ukraine
- Have skills or expertise to offer that are relevant to supporting refugees or displaced persons e.g. as an interpreter
- An organisation or service that will be involved in enabling refugees settle in our community e.g. education/health providers
Amongst those attending will be
- Peter Aldous MP for Waveney,
- Councillor Judy Cloke East Suffolk Council Assistant Cabinet Member for Displaced Persons
- families already providing homes to Ukrainian guests.
We hope it will be an opportunity to raise questions, share ideas, and begin the process of forming a local hub to connect, learn and support in each other.
For further information contact Sue Collins email@example.com