Innovative Approaches to Volunteering
24th June 2021 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Please note that this course will be delivered online via Zoom.
As our communities continue to ‘do things differently’ how can we adapt our approach to volunteering as a response to this emerging need?
This session will be an exploration into how organisations engage and galvanise volunteers and what can be done to change this current approach in order to address the exciting response currently seen in our communities
This session will be led by a facilitator but ultimately participants will be able to consider their approach to the following:
- Language used
- Formal vs informal approaches
- Listening to the real need
- Everyone has a skill to share
- Volunteer Roles
- Length, duration and type of volunteer placement
Each participant will finish the session with a bespoke action plan that they can take back to their organisation detailing potential changes to their current approach to volunteering.
Questions you will be able to answer
- Are we using the correct language?
- Is our current ‘recruitment and induction’ process suitable.
- Do we truly embrace diversity in our offer?
- What can we do differently, that is practical and achievable?
What others say…
- “The course was helpful and informative”
- “This was a very good introduction course that made you think!”
- “Excellent introductory summary and overview plus fantastic value for money”
- “An eye-opener”
Meet the trainer
I am one of Community Action Suffolk’s Volunteering Services Officers and have over 20 years working within the voluntary and community sector. I have a bredth of experience ranging from tutoring on E2E programmes, Project Managment on ESF projects and facililtating grass roots, community-led Big Local projects.
I have a deep passion for assisting communities to grow and evolve and believe training and up-skilling are crucial routes to development.