- This event has passed.
Introduction to volunteers and the law
12th May 2021 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Please note that this training will take place online via Zoom.
Volunteers enrich and enhance our community services but what are the legal implications that organisations need to be aware of?
This session will highlight ‘best practice’ in providing a supportive volunteering environment while being aware of your statutory obligations in relation to:
- Employment law and volunteers
- Under 16’s and work permits
- Expenses and benefits
- Insurance and public liability
Questions you will be able to answer
- What is the legal status and implications of involving volunteers?
- Can under 16’s legal and safely volunteer with my organisation?
- When do volunteer expenses constitute employment law?
What others say…
- “The course was helpful and informative”
- “This was a very good introduction course that made you think!”
- “Excellent introductory summary and overview plus fantastic value for money”
- “An eye-opener”
Meet the trainer
I am one of Community Action Suffolk’s Volunteering Services Officers and have over 20 years working within the voluntary and community sector. I have a bredth of experience ranging from tutoring on E2E programmes, Project Managment on ESF projects and facililtating grass roots, community-led Big Local projects.
I have a deep passion for assisting communities to grow and evolve and believe training and up-skilling are crucial routes to development.