Volunteer Leadership: Volunteers and the Law
22nd February 2023 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Please note that this course will take place online via Zoom.
Volunteers enrich and enhance our community services but what are the legal implications that organisations need to be aware of?
This session will highlight ‘best practice’ in providing a supportive volunteering environment while being aware of your statutory obligations in relation to:
- Employment law and volunteers
- Under 16’s and work permits
- Expenses and benefits
- Insurance and public liability
Questions you will be able to answer
- What is the legal status and implications of involving volunteers?
- Can under 16’s legal and safely volunteer with my organisation?
- When do volunteer expenses constitute employment law?
Meet the trainer
Faye has over 20 years working within the Voluntary and Community Sector, Managing, Coordinating and Facilitating volunteers.
She is particularly interested in supporting leaders of volunteers create a user-friendly structured programme that is suitable for the individual group or organisation. Faye also understands the importance of connecting leaders of volunteers and how this can be a great support network for all involved.