What is Volunteering?
November 10 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Participants for this course need to live or want to volunteer in East Suffolk.
Please note that this course will be delivered via Zoom.
An overview of volunteering, the benefits for the volunteer and organisation and how volunteering can help gain experience for future careers.
This training is aimed at anyone thinking about the signing up to East Suffolk Volunteering Pathways or wanting to find out more about volunteering.
- What is a volunteer?
- What can you get from volunteering?
- What you can give as a volunteer?
- Volunteering roles
- How to select and apply for volunteering roles
- Volunteering leading to employment
- How East Suffolk Volunteering Pathways will help you find and apply for volunteering roles
- Setting up a Volunteer Suffolk account
Questions you will be able to answer:
- What is volunteering?
- What can be gained from volunteering?
- Understanding different volunteering roles
- Where to look for volunteering roles
- What is the East Suffolk Volunteering Pathways project and how to join
- How to set up a Volunteer Suffolk account
Meet the Trainer
Kate Dawson is East Suffolk Volunteering Pathways Project Coordinator for Community Action Suffolk.
Kate has over 20 years experience working in youth and community work settings. She is passionate about developing and supporting volunteers to reach their full potential.