Building Better Opportunities
Minding the Gap – Project update – July 2020
The outbreak of Covid-19 resulted in widespread disruption for young people across Suffolk seeking employment support.
The Minding the Gap Building Better Opportunities project rapidly adapted to match the changing environment and continues to do so.
We want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to assist young people who would like training or employability support.
Below highlights some of the support we have been offering since March 2020:
- Continuing to offer one-to-one coaching both over the phone and via video calls.
- Helping people to access a range of online training.
- Heling young people develop their employability and job search skills, assisting in creating a CV and applying for vacancies.
- Delivery of virtual support tools, tips and weekly activities via our Minding the Gap Network Facebook Group.
- Providing additional support to promote health and wellbeing via support packs, newsletters, wellbeing calls and signposting to other support services.
- Sharing tips, advice, job vacancies, training opportunities and keeping you up to date with news using social media.
- Where safe and beneficial to do so, we have started to meet with young people outside, one-to-one.
- Preparation is also underway to offer small outside group sessions over the coming weeks.
If you would like more information or know of someone that is looking for support at this time (aged between 16 to 24 years), please get in touch by emailing: email@example.com , or as below.