Covid Restart Grants and Support
A countywide project supporting the VCSE sector to open up for business. We have a team of specialists ready to support organisations through concerns that they have related to safely opening up buildings and delivering services after Covid and finding new ways of working.
A Suffolk Community Covid Restart Grant is available for between £250 and £2,500 specifically aimed at supporting groups, clubs and organisations in the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector to reopen and restart their services.
Part of the fund is ringfenced for sports clubs and sporting events. Community sports clubs, organisations, groups and volunteer led participatory sporting events are encouraged to apply for funding via the Suffolk Community Restart Fund.
There is no deadline for applications but we advise you to apply as soon as possible.
Funding Areas awarded through Restart Grants
What can be funded
Over 250 grants have already been awarded including funding for activities such as:
- Improvements to ICT infrastructure to enable groups to continue to meet and/or to deliver new sessions virtually.
- Signage, PPE, and screens for community buildings.
- New telephony systems e.g., to support service delivery or management of volunteers.
- Promotional material / marketing (printed or virtual) explaining how a service is changing.
- Equipment to enable a new service to be offered safely.
- Disposable crockery and cutlery to enable socially distanced social events, for example a lunch club or coffee morning, to take place.
- Additional staffing (not core staffing costs that are already funded)
- Other Coronavirus-related adaptations, repairs and modifications, e.g., contactless payment systems, or restorative work where a strong link to covid interruption can be demonstrated
- Cleaning/hygiene – keeping facilities and equipment clean
- Additional sports equipment/kit to minimise sharing.
- Reversible sports bibs to avoid sharing within sports teams.
- Volunteer training and returning training levels to pre-covid capacity e.g., in areas such as health and safety requirements, risk assessments, lapsed first aid training etc.
Case studies of successful grant applications
We have gathered together some case studies of organisations whose applications to Suffolk Community Restart Fund have been successful. Click the link below to go to our case study page.
Training, Support and Events
We have a range of courses, events and support available to help you restart your activities. These include help with Safeguarding, supporting and celebrating Volunteers and Health & Safety. Explore the links below to find our more.