Booking and payment
- Courses must be paid for at the point of booking. Ensure you have a credit/ debit card or PayPal account to make the payment at the point of booking, read the course content to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet any pre-requisites, where stated.
- Bookings must be made using the Community Action Suffolk Online Booking system.
- If a course registration is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Completed bookings will automatically be confirmed via email at the time of booking. The confirmation also serves as a receipt.
- If the course is fully booked an automated message will state that the learner has been placed on a waitlist.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing to email@example.com
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below:
- 21 calendar days or more: Full refund
- 1-20 calendar days (inclusive): No refund will be given
- Failure to attend: Treated as late cancellation and no refund given
- Valid refunds are made back to the card/PayPal account on which the original payment was made within 10 working days of notifying the Training email address.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received and authorised by us prior to the course date.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Community Action Suffolk to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the tutor.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by Community Action Suffolk, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed. Community Action Suffolk shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation, etc.
If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform Community Action Suffolk in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof of identity
Booking terms and conditions: Qualificatory course policy
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Qualsafe and National Open College Network (NOCN) require that participants attending a course which includes one of their exams or formally assessed work has to provide evidence of their identity on the first day of the course/exam.
The courses which are subject to this requirement are:
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at work
- NOCN Level 2 Theory of Youth Work
Participants will need to bring with them photographic proof of identity documents including one of the following:
- Driving Licence
- Student Union card
- Identity card issued by employer
- ‘Prove it’ proof of age card
You will also need to bring with you a current proof of address document. A utility bill that is less than 3 months old, bank statement, etc. will be acceptable.
We recognise that there will be some people who are unable to provide any of these documents. If a participant believes that they will be unable to produce one of the preferred documents, they must contact Community Action Suffolk in advance of the course so that alternative arrangements can be made.
All participants must provide the evidence of their identity at the start of the course or they will not be allowed to attend the course. In this event the course fee will still be payable.
Examination papers in languages other than English
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and Qualsafe are able to provide examination paper in languages other than English if this is more suitable for course participants.
Languages available include Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Punjabi. The CIEH and Qualsafe are increasing the range of languages available, so if you are interested in requesting an examination paper in a language other than English, please contact us and we will see if your requirements can be met.
Examination paper currently available is for Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace.
Please note that we are only able to deliver courses in English, so any participants wishing to complete their examination in a language other than English will still need to have a sufficient level of verbal English to understand the course content.