Community Action Suffolk has now published its Annual Review for 2015-16, which showcases another incredibly busy and successful year.
Our work remains focused on supporting the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector in Suffolk.
Some of the notable achievements include:
- CAS secured £910,150 from People’s Health Trust to support three local communities over the next three years: Gainsborough (Ipswich), Haverhill South and Kirkley (Lowestoft)
- CAS formed a partnership with 12 partners across Suffolk to make an application to the Building Better Opportunities Fund
- CAS led on the Suffolk Volunteering Strategy and its Action Plan, which were unanimously endorsed by the Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Board
Some facts and figures for our work in 2015-16:
- At least £1,224,531.53 of funding leveraged into Suffolk
- 2,597 DBS checks completed
- 2,076,191 litres of heating oil purchased, saving 1000+ members over £78,000
- 197 one-to-one meetings with organisations to support volunteering
- 80 Wheels 2 Work clients were loaned a scooter
Some of the things people said:
- Thank you to Suffolk Coastal District Council and CAS for a most interesting & informative workshop yesterday re Grants Applications
- Thanks to CAS we had so much fun (a volunteering collaboration between Brickmakers Wood and Skanska UK plc)
- Interesting discussion with CAS today about fundraising. Lots of useful ideas.