Community Action Suffolk supported by Forest Heath District Council, St Edmundsbury Borough Council, Suffolk County Council and Locality.org.uk are hosting a free Neighbourhood Planning Workshop specifically for Parish Councils and Community Groups within West Suffolk to help shape the future of their community and improve their local area.
The Neighbourhood Planning Workshop offers support for statutory plans which are governed by planning law and need to follow the regulatory process to become part of the District Councils’ Local Plan under the Localism Act 2011. Producing a Neighbourhood Plan involves consulting everyone in the community to find out what the issues are and drawing up an action plan to look at ways of resolving them.
This event is free of charge, refreshments and a free light lunch will be provided.
When: Wednesday 25th March 2015, 10am to 2pm
Where: Forest Heath District Council Offices, College Heath Road, Mildenhall
- What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
- How to produce a Neighbourhood Plan
- Local Community Updates
- Latest news nationally and what support is available via Locality.org.uk
- Suffolk Observatory – Data Tool Analysis
- Community engagement
- Meet your District/ Borough Planners
Guest speakers and Advisory Services
- Gillian Benjamin – CAS Development Officer Community Planning
- West Suffolk – Planning and Regulatory Services Team
- Suffolk Observatory – Suffolk County Council
- Rendlesham Parish Council