Thursday 19 March, at Ipswich Town Football Club
We’re excited to announce our first County-Wide Fundraising Conference ‘Fundraising Suffolk 2020,’Financing, Sustainability & Resilience’.
This conference will provide the perfect opportunity for you to connect to a wide-variety of fundraisers and fundraising experts strengthening your organisation through fundraising in these challenging times.
We have nationally recognised influencers from across the sector to inspire, innovate and offer practical solutions to some of the fundraising challenges you face.
Interactive workshops provide key information on the fundamentals of fundraising, impact measurement as well as considerations for your organisation to enable sustainability, building and strengthening your resilience.
Suffolk County Council, Babergh/Mid-Suffolk District Council, East Suffolk Council, West Suffolk Council and Ipswich Borough Council will all be hosting workshops simultaneously to enable you to build relationships and hear news and updates.
It’s time to embrace the challenges we face and work together to build a bright future for the fundraising community here in Suffolk.
Reasons to attend
- Hear inspiring key notes from Lev Pedro from NCVO on what we can expect for 2020 as well as Michael Clark from St Nicholas Hospice on legacies and in memory.
- Participate in discussions about the future of fundraising and fundraisers to see how your organisation can best adapt for the road ahead.
- Hear from speakers from a range of national key organisations offering inspirational advice on how to improve the effectiveness of your fundraising campaigns.
- An interview with HOAX, A Suffolk based internationally renowned clothing brand, how they boosted their brand working with an ambassador.
Programme of Events
Fundraising Suffolk 2020 – Financing, Sustainability, Resilience
09.00 Registration, refreshments, networking and time to visit exhibition
09.30 Welcome and introduction’ from Community Action Suffolk
09.45 Key Note speaker Lev Pedro, Senior Consultant NCVO – The Voluntary Sector 2020. The Road Ahead
10.15 Introduction to workshops and move to breakout sessions
10.20 Workshop session 1
- Charity reserves: building resilience’ with Giles Kerkham, Director Not for profit and Education, MHA Larking Gowen, Chartered Accountants (WS1)
- ‘Social investment: Looking at new ways of sustainable income generation’ with Melanie Mills, Senior Director Social Sector Engagement, Big Society Capital (WS2)
- ‘The State of the Sector report: Suffolk’, Fran Bedding, Head of Partnerships and external relationships, Community Action Suffolk (WS3)
- ‘Setting up and Growing Community Businesses’ with Alexis Morcrette, Head of Growth Programmes, Power to Change (WS4)
- ‘Easy ways to spread your message for free’ with Andrew Laws, CEO, Andrew Laws Associates Ltd (WS5)
11.15 Networking Refreshment Break & move to breakout sessions
11.45 Workshop session 2
- ‘Individual giving’ with Lauren Levy, Customer Success Manager at Just Giving (WS6)
- ‘Learning from the code of fundraising practice’ with the Head of Policy, Fundraising Regulator (WS7)
- ‘Strategy into Action: Implementing Your Fundraising Strategy’ with Lindsay Harrod, Consultancy and Development Manager at the Foundation for Social Improvement (WS8)
- ‘Finding Useful Data to support successful funding bids’ with Kit Day. Lead Analyst’ Natacha Bines Head of Population insight,. Knowledge and intelligence Team, Suffolk Observatory (WS9)
- ‘What is impact practice?’ with Rachel Tait Project Lead for inspiring impact, Inspiring Impact (WS10)
13.45 Key Note speaker Eric Hodges, Community Impact Partnership, Investing in Impact ‘The infinite possibilities of Communities’.
14.15 Interview with HOAX
14.45 Workshop session 3
- ‘Meet the communities team’ Ipswich Borough Council (WS11)
- ‘Support in West Suffolk’ with Jon Eaton, Families and Communities Officer at West Suffolk District Council (WS12)
- ‘The benefits of using data within community funding’ with Andrew Jolliffe, Communities Officer East Suffolk District Council (WS13)
- ‘Meet the communities teams’ Mid Suffolk and Babergh District Council (WS14)
- ‘Helping you to do amazing things: Lessons from the East of England Co-Op’ East of England Co-Operative Society
- ‘Funding Surgery’, with Jim Brown, External Funding Officer, Suffolk County Council
15.45 Key Note speaker Michael Clark, St Nicholas Hospice and Institute of Fundraising – Sharing, commitment to legacy and In-memory Fundraising
16:20 Closing remarks
Contributors to the event include:
- Andrew Laws Associates Ltd
- Big Society Capital
- East of England Co-Operative Society
- East Suffolk District Council
- Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI)
- Fundraising Regulator
- Inspiring Impact
- Ipswich Borough Council
- Suffolk County Council
- Just Giving
- Larkin Gowen
- Mid Suffolk and Babergh District Council
- Suffolk Observatory
- St Nicholas Hospice
- West Suffolk District Council
- Power to Change
Date & Time
19th March 2020 9:00 AM 19th March 2020 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM 4:00 PM
Location: Ipswich Town Football Club, Portman Road, Ipswich