“Volunteer Suffolk” is a new volunteering database and website to advertise volunteering roles in Suffolk, helping local organisations to recruit volunteers.
“Volunteer Suffolk” will launch in early 2017, and is run by Community Action Suffolk (CAS). Between November 2016 and January 2017, the Volunteering Team at CAS will be showcasing the new service at free events across Suffolk and providing training on the new system.
The new website aims to offer both organisations and potential volunteers a user-friendly service to access volunteering opportunities in Suffolk. Carolyn Shaw, Volunteering Manager at CAS, said:
“We are excited to launch this new, online volunteering service. Volunteer Suffolk will offer people instant and simple access to available volunteering opportunities in Suffolk.
“Suffolk’s charities and voluntary organisations will benefit from improved access to advertise and manage their opportunities easily. By owning this service, CAS can respond quickly to support requests.
“As CAS has created this service specifically for Suffolk, it will give us greater insight into volunteering in the county. We will be able to monitor and share data about volunteering activity in Suffolk. We hope that this simple and joined up approach will benefit everyone.
CAS will be running events to demonstrate “Volunteer Suffolk” at locations across the county in the coming months, with the website going live in the new year. Places are free and can be booked online below:
- Monday 28 November 2016, 10am to midday: Hyndman Centre, Bury St Edmunds
- Tuesday 29 November 2016, 10am to midday: The Mix, Stowmarket
- Wednesday 30 November 2016, 10am to midday: Brightspace, Ipswich
- Thursday 8 December 2016, 1pm to 3pm: The Delphi Centre, Sudbury
- Tuesday 10 January 2017, 10am to midday: Burton Centre, Haverhill
- Wednesday 11 January 2017, 10am to midday: Kirkley Centre, Lowestoft
For further information on “Volunteer Suffolk”, please contact Jo Belfield: [email protected], or 01473 345383 / 07990 576893