(posted on behalf of Suffolk County Council)
Temporary Home First Practitioners (home carers) required this winter.
Could you be on standby to provide care to someone in your neighbourhood? If so, your skills are needed.
Each winter the pressure on our health and social care systems can sometimes push care providers to the limits. It’s essential that everyone who needs care gets care.
Therefore, we are asking for special people to be part of a standby team to step in and help out with the care of an older resident or someone who needs extra help.
Could you answer the call if your community needed you?
If so, we’re offering you:
- The chance to work within the Home First service, in a specified local area
- Providing personal care to vulnerable people in their own homes, initially alongside regular experienced carers until confident about working alone.
- Paid training so you would be confident to step in if needed
- Payment at £8.05 per hour
- Variable hours available to suit you
- Your appointment will be temporary until 31 March 2016
We’re asking of you:
- To help us in our plan to ensure that no one in Suffolk is left without care this winter
- To become be part of a paid team of standby home carers across the county
- To be called on an as and when required basis to help local people if you can when Suffolk needs it most.
- To agree the number of hours per week that you could be available, until 31 March 2016
Please contact Sarah Stables to discuss further on 01473 263366 or send your CV or an expression of interest to [email protected] showing reference “Winter Care”.
Closing date 13 January 2016.