The people of Lowestoft are being asked for their views on the future of the seafront.
The Lowestoft Coastal Community Team, a group consisting of local business leaders and representatives from Waveney District Council and Lowestoft Rising, is holding a consultation event to seek views on how the area can be improved for the local community, visitors and businesses.
If you are a community group or local resident with an interest in the seafront and associated areas please join us and help shape the vision and priorities for the area. This includes anywhere along the Lowestoft coastline including the piers, Royal Green, Lowestoft Ness and further inland to the historic Scores.
The event will take place as follows:
Date: Thursday 17th September 2015
Time: 10.00 to 12.30am (refreshments available from 9.30am)
Venue: Kirkley Centre, London Road South
The team will use this opportunity to seek views on tourism, economic trade & prosperity and community services locally – and use them to inform a community led plan of action.
Phil Aves, Lowestoft Rising Lead, said: “The Lowestoft Coastal Community Team has brought together a number of key organisations and businesses from across the town who are working with the aim of creating a vision and action plan for the town’s seafront. The seafront is of vital importance to the economy of the town as a focal point which attracts both residents and visitors.”
The action plan will focus on the seafront character areas East of England Park (North Denes) and Lowestoft South Beach, and their connectivity to the town centre. The action plan priorities will include:
- Enhancing the attractiveness and accessibility of public areas
- Providing increased community facilities (including facilities that promote healthy lifestyles)
- Promoting the visitor economy and improving the visitor experience
- Encouraging sustainable uses of heritage/cultural assets
- Creating links to support the growth and performance of the retail sector (including the Historic High Street, the town centre, and Kirkley Village)
The plan will also take into consideration the links with the town centre and the wider area.