Community Action Suffolk is working with other local agencies to co-ordinate this event at University Campus Suffolk from 2-4 September 2014.
The three day event has something for everyone whether you work with children or adults. There are over 30 different sessions you can attend and each event is bookable individually via the Suffolk CPD website.
Building on the significant success of the three day safeguarding event we organised at Trinity Park last year, the Suffolk Safeguarding Children Board, Suffolk Local Safeguarding Adult Board, Suffolk County Council, Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust, University Campus Suffolk and Community Action Suffolk are now taking bookings for this year’s event.
Topics will include:
- Signs of Safety
- Supporting Lives Connecting Communities
- Trauma and the toddler brain
- Working with sexually active children & young people
- Using psychological frameworks to inform multi-agency working
- Positive choices
- Adult Protection Team
- Mental Capacity Act
- Chemical Highs
- Managing digital reputations
- Multi agency safeguarding hub
- Attachment based practice with adults and families
- Working with resistant and hostile families
- Private fostering and Honour based violence and FGM
For more information, contact:
Jacqui Wilkinson, Senior Development Officer – Children and Young People, Safeguarding and Quality Standards