These pages are to support local charities, community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprises on issues relating to coronavirus.
We know that many of you are worried about the impact of Covid-19 outbreak on your organisations and services. Key decisions will need to be taken about business practises and it is likely that consideration will need to be given to how you work and the flexibility/support required to make this happen, should it be necessary
As a trusted source of support and training we want you to know that we are here to help and support you. Our team are working remotely and you can either email individuals direct or collectively on email@example.com.
You can find information here to help you decide what steps your organisation should take. We are also offering a range of online events and one to one support during the current situation.
COVID 19 testing for VCSE essential workers and volunteers
Department of Health and Social Care have made Coronavirus testing available for VCSE essential workers and volunteers, recognising that it is vital to get them back to their important work as soon as it is safe to do so. A full list of essential workers and volunteers can be found here but it includes those:
- Delivering critical frontline services
- Providing foodbank provisions and community response for vulnerable people
- Working with vulnerable children and adults
- Working with victims of domestic abuse, the homeless and rough sleepers
- Providing substance misuse treatment
The testing site at Copdock is now open and available. For employers wishing to support their employees by managing their test registration, the first step is to email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the portal. Please include your organisation name and sector, as well as the name and email address of up to two people who will use the portal. A step-by-step guide can be found here. CAS staff can be available to provide some advice and guidance with the referral process if needed.
A map detailing access on and off the Copdock site can be found here. The next nearest available testing site is available at Stansted Essex.
Virtual Working Resources
At a time when we are working remotely more than ever we are hearing some great examples of how you are using various virtual media platforms in a whole myriad of ways so that you can continue to provide vital services whilst reducing face-to-face contact in line with current government advice.
Not only have many of you moved staff meetings online, using platforms such as Zoom or WhatsApp, but 1-1 video counselling sessions are being held, public parish council meetings, religious services, telephone advice services to name but a few.
We have pulled together some ‘how to guides’ with help and support on some of your more commonly used virtual media platforms, but as always if you need further support on what would be best to use, how to use it, please contact us.
- Upskilling? https://www.learnmyway.com/ webinars for & the ‘how to’ video’s for virtual and online services.
- Zoom (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360029527911)
- Skype (https://support.skype.com/en/skype/all/start/download-install/)
- Microsoft Teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/MicrosoftTeams/instructor-led-training-teams-landing-page)
- Whatsapp – https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/web/26000012/
- Go To – https://support.goto.com/meeting