Should you need to make a claim due to the ongoing bad weather please refer to the contact details below and contact the relevant insurer at the earliest opportunity:
|Insurance Company||Telephone Number||Email Address||Emergency Out of Hours Number|
|Zurich||0800 0280 email@example.com|
|Hiscox||01206 firstname.lastname@example.org||08702 416 257|
|RSA||0330 102 email@example.com||0345 300 4006|
|The Military Mutual||01204 firstname.lastname@example.org||0121 411 0535|
Please see the following tips should you suffer damage and need to make a claim:
- Notify your insurance provider at the earliest opportunity. If you need to make any emergency repairs, inform your insurer before carrying them out so that they can consider this as part of the overall claim.
- Stay safe; don’t put yourself in danger. Leave work like fixing a roof to the professionals.
- Flood; if your property is flooded, turn the power off. Move any items which may be damaged upstairs if possible.
- Mitigate risks; under the terms of your policy, you are required to ‘mitigate’ against further damage or losses.
- Evidence your claim; don’t throw damaged items away as they will help you to evidence your claim. If it is impractical, for example a damaged carpet, then keep samples to show it to the loss adjuster and take photos of any damage. Also, keep receipts as this can prove how much you have spent to make good damage and ensure you get paid the full amount for your claim.
- Gates and fences are generally not covered under property policies.