Here at Community Action Suffolk, we recognise the importance that VCSE organisations play within society and the great contribution they make.
Therefore we offer free advice and support on a range of issues, such as:
- Setting up a new charitable organisation
- Helping to decide upon which legal form to adopt and how to go about this
- Ensuring you have the correct policies in place
- Helping to draft your governing document to reflect your organisation’s aims and objectives
- Help with trustee recruitment, retention and succession planning, as well as helping to resolve any trustee issues that you may be experiencing. We also deliver the Introduction to Trustee Roles and Responsibilities course- please see training dates for up-and-coming dates.
We have also developed The Community Action Suffolk Healthcheck, which is an online tool for trustees and other staff to assess the internal processes of their organisation, to determine whether they have the correct policies and procedures in place, whilst adhering to good practice.
This is a free tool, which is easy to complete, that will highlight areas that your organisation can improve on, to ensure that you are operating as effectively as possible with regards to the governance structure.
Jayne Vaughan, Development Officer-VCSE Organisation Support
Tel: 01473 345317
Mobile: 07775 907828