Community Action Suffolk Volunteering Services team had a successful and enjoyable day delivering ‘Introduction to Involving Volunteers’ training at the Mid Suffolk and Babergh District Council office on 13 September 2016.
The day was not only fun but also gratifying to hear how important volunteers are to groups and how valued their contribution is. Groups are aware of the importance and benefits of investing in volunteers and how they enrich their services.
The course was an ideal starting point for organisations / individuals who are in the early stages of creating a program to include volunteers within their organisation /group. We covered topics such as:
- What is volunteer management and why do people volunteer
- Is having a support / supervision process essential to building and maintaining volunteer relationships
- How to deal with difficult situations
Quotes from participants:
- “A brilliant chance to stop, pause, consider and strengthen your organisation’s ability to successfully use volunteers”
- “Covered all the subjects required in an interesting and accessible way”
- “A good starting point with lots of ideas to think about”
- “Informative, useful, practical, relevant”
Volunteering Services Officer, Community Action Suffolk
Community Action Suffolk will be running the “Introduction to Involving Volunteers” training again in the new year (2017).
To be the first to hear about our training and events, sign up as a CAS member (for free) and select the “Training and Events Network” on the online membership form.
Click here for details about further training offered by CAS.