The Volunteer Journey is how an organisation enables a diverse range of people to volunteer, ensuring they feel supported, valued and can measure their impact. With an outcome that every volunteer has an enjoyable experience and tells others.
The Volunteer Journey allows managers and coordinators to focus on different stages of the volunteer experience. You may decide to first focus on one stage of your volunteer journey. You do not need to complete the entire journey at once.
CAS’s volunteering team can support organisations with many aspects of Volunteering, including the RECRUIT stage of the Volunteer Journey .
- Specific CAS Volunteer Management Training
- Talk Volunteering Network events
- Suffolk Action Week
- Support and advice from one of our experienced Volunteering Officers
Questions to consider for INCLUDE:
- What roles does your organisation need?
- Are these part of your wider operational and project plans?
- Is supervision of volunteers in place?
- Have you created role profiles?
- What is your process for volunteer recruitment and making decisions on volunteer selection?
- Do you link into national and local campaigns?
For information about training in the Volunteer Journey or you are interested in booking a bespoke course, solely for your own organisation then contact Faye in the CAS Volunteering Team:
Tel: 01473 345400.