The Volunteer Journey is how an organisation enables a diverse range of people to volunteer, ensuring they feel supported, valued and can measure their impact. With an outcome that every volunteer has an enjoyable experience and tells others.
The Volunteer Journey allows managers and coordinators to focus on different stages of the volunteer experience. You may decide to first focus on one stage of your volunteer journey. You do not need to complete the entire journey at once.
CAS’s volunteering team can support organisations with many aspects of Volunteering, including the SUPPORT stage of the Volunteer Journey.
- Specific CAS Volunteer Management Training
- Talk Volunteering Network events
- County wide Talk Volunteering Conference
- Volunteer Suffolk, a website for recruiting volunteers
- Suffolk Action Week
- Support and advice from one of our experienced Volunteering Officers
Questions to consider for RECRUIT:
- Are you confident with the level of support you offer your volunteers?
- Do you offer volunteers training and courses?
- How do you Reward & Recognise volunteers, do they feel valued?
- How well are Volunteer Managers supported and offered professional development in their role?
- Are you making the most of your volunteers’ skills?
- How do you approach difficult situations? (Process?)
- Do you know about volunteering and the law?
- How effective is your communication to volunteers?
- Do volunteers feel they have a voice within the organisation?