Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises (VCSE) may be anxious about finances and funding at this time as well as the worry for individuals.
This page will be updated weekly to reflect current funding and support available so keep checking in for the latest information.
Updated 2020 April 2020
Due to popular demand Community Action Suffolk and Suffolk County Council’s External Funding team are teaming up to offer further pre-bookable opportunities for a 121 funding surgery.
These surgeries are open to voluntary, community and social enterprises who need help reviewing their finances as a result of the Covid-19 emergency.
These 1 to 1 surgeries will be delivered by telephone and can cover a range of topics related to:
- Identifying appropriate funding opportunities
- Carrying out bespoke grant searches
- Assistance with developing a project idea into a bid
- Support with writing your application
- Ensuring your application meets the needs of the funder
The session will last a maximum of 1 hour, allowing time to discuss your project in a little more depth with one of our Officers.
Please note that booking is essential and the events close for booking two days prior to the event running. If you cannot find a time that fits in with your way of working please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative time.
Advice and information
- CAS has put together a quick guide to hep you consider what you need to do next and start to plan your next steps.
- The Small Charities Coalition has some advice and information on financial management during the coronavirus.
- The Money Advice Service offers guidance and an action plan to help you manage your finances at this time.
- The government have announced a package of support to public services, businesses and people through this difficult time. This includes a rates holiday for village halls. You can find details here.
- ACRE have confirmed that the ‘Expanded Retail Discount Relief’ announced by the government includes charitable halls and Community Amateur Sports clubs (CASCs), meaning they should receive 100% rate relief this year. Read the guidance here.
- NCVO have a useful guide for people self-isolating on how to use money safely at this time.
- The National Lottery have issued a statement about how they will be issuing funding.
- The Charity Commission updated their coronavirus guidance on 24 March to include financial advice.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations https://www.ncvo.org.uk/practical-support/information/coronavirus
- Knowhow Non Profit – Practical Resources to help your organisation (pay walls have been taken down) https://knowhow.ncvo.org.uk/
- Government Guidance – updated regularly https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-the-charity-sector
- Charity Finance Group – Financial information https://www.cfg.org.uk/coronavirus_guide
- Larking Gowen – Advice for Charities during Covid-19 https://www.larking-gowen.co.uk/insights/brochure-update-support-for-charities-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
- Bates Wells Braithwaite – Information for Charities during Covid-19 https://dmtrk.net/1Y95-6SUC2-F4WACTQL68/cr.aspx
To help you we have compiled some of the funds available and who is eligible to apply, click on the sign below.