Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprises (VCSE) may be anxious about finances and funding at this time as well as the worry for individuals.
This page will be updated weekly to reflect current funding and support available so keep checking in for the latest information.
Updated 2020 April 2020
To help you we have compiled some of the funds available and who is eligible to apply, click on the sign below.
1 to 1 Online 1 hour funding surgery with Jatinder Purewal, Financial Sustainability Officer at Community Action Suffolk. Jatinder Purewal has over 20 years’ experience in securing grant funding for voluntary and public sectors. She is keen to support organisations not only to be successful in applying for grants, but also to work towards building long and viable futures for their services.
VCSE organisations set the agenda about their relevant funding issue(s) during these Funding Surgeries. Once you have made your booking to attend a Funding Surgery, email Jatinder at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know, in advance, what you would like to discuss.
The meeting will take place via Zoom.
This surgery is free of charge.
Advice and information
- CAS has put together a quick guide to hep you consider what you need to do next and start to plan your next steps.
- The Small Charities Coalition has some advice and information on financial management during the coronavirus.
- The Money Advice Service offers guidance and an action plan to help you manage your finances at this time.
- The government have announced a package of support to public services, businesses and people through this difficult time. This includes a rates holiday for village halls. You can find details here.
- ACRE have confirmed that the ‘Expanded Retail Discount Relief’ announced by the government includes charitable halls and Community Amateur Sports clubs (CASCs), meaning they should receive 100% rate relief this year. Read the guidance here.
- NCVO have a useful guide for people self-isolating on how to use money safely at this time.
- The National Lottery have issued a statement about how they will be issuing funding.
- The Charity Commission updated their coronavirus guidance on 24 March to include financial advice.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations https://www.ncvo.org.uk/practical-support/information/coronavirus
- Knowhow Non Profit – Practical Resources to help your organisation (pay walls have been taken down) https://knowhow.ncvo.org.uk/
- Government Guidance – updated regularly https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-the-charity-sector
- Charity Finance Group – Financial information https://www.cfg.org.uk/coronavirus_guide
- Larking Gowen – Advice for Charities during Covid-19 https://www.larking-gowen.co.uk/insights/brochure-update-support-for-charities-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
- Bates Wells Braithwaite – Information for Charities during Covid-19 https://dmtrk.net/1Y95-6SUC2-F4WACTQL68/cr.aspx