The Volunteer Journey is how an organisation enables a diverse range of people to volunteer, ensuring they feel supported, valued and can measure their impact. With an outcome that every volunteer has an enjoyable experience and tells others.
The Volunteer Journey allows managers and coordinators to focus on different stages of the volunteer experience. You may decide to first focus on one stage of your volunteer journey. You do not need to complete the entire journey at once.
CAS’s volunteering team can support organisations with many aspects of Volunteering, including how to PLAN for your Volunteer Journey.
- Specific CAS Volunteer Management Training
- Talk Volunteering Network events
- County wide Talk Volunteering Conference
- Volunteer Suffolk, a website for recruiting volunteers
- Suffolk Action Week
- Support and advice from one of our experienced Volunteering Officers
Questions to consider for PLAN:
- How confident are you that volunteering is embedded and valued within your organisation?
- How does involving volunteers help your organisation achieve their charitable aims?
- Do you have clear procedures for volunteer involvement and management?
- Have you considered the different ways to Volunteer – eg: Employer Supported Volunteering
- Do your volunteers have a voice within your organisation and the planning stage of the Volunteer Journey?
You can request further support and advice by contacting our Volunteering Team on: email@example.com